Shampoos are an easy product to sell to men but conditioners are a different ball game altogether. Most men recognize and appreciate the role of shampoos. This is why many of them shampoos their hair on a regular basis but when it comes to conditioners, a majority are reluctant for various reasons.
For some, conditioners are deemed unnecessary so long as one has a shampoo and their favorite hair gel. Others do not recognize the benefits of conditioners in the first place.
We are here to tell you that conditioners are an excellent addition to every man’s grooming routine. In fact, conditioners make the difference between a good looking head of hair and a stunning on. That’s simply because conditioners provide additional ingredients that not improve the way your hair looks but also how it feels. They also go the extra mile to condition, moisturize, and nourish your scalp!
Not all conditioners are good for you though. Some of them are formulated with harsh chemicals that will starve your hair of essential nutrients and the natural oils. Some can even go as far as stimulating adverse reactions such as irritation, itchiness, swelling and scalp redness. Therefore, it’s critical that you get the right product and luckily for you, we have done the heavy lifting and prepared a detailed review of the best conditioners for men.
What’s the Best Conditioner for Men?
The best conditioner for men is Pura D’Or Biotin Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Conditioner. This is a naturally formulated conditioner that is very gentle to the skin. It works incredibly well even for the guys with sensitive skins. The conditioner is formulated with proven ingredients that are known to nourish the scalp and hair follicles resulting in the growth of strong and healthy hair.
Here is a closer look at this and four other top conditioners of 2020.
Pura D’Or Biotin Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo and Conditioner Set
This is the bestselling conditioner on the market right now and it deserves the crown. The Pura D’Or Biotin Conditioner is formulated with potent natural ingredients that are proven to be very helpful for boosting healthy hair growth. The ingredients play different roles to ensure that various hair-related issues are addressed. For instance, ingredients such as Biotin are clinically known to promote the growth of stronger and thicker hair. There are also other ingredients that address thinning hair. A great example is the DHT blocker Saw Palmetto.
The Pura D’Or conditioner is sold in a set with a shampoo. The shampoo is also made of natural ingredients. It also helps with moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair follicles. It also to fight hair thinning through essential ingredients such as zinc, tea tree, and saw palmetto.
Another reason to love these two products is the fact that they work pretty fast. In most of the studies involving this conditioner and shampoo, the subjects witnessed a significant improvement in hair growth and reduced hair shedding in under 8 weeks. That’s a lot faster than most of the other conditioners on the market.
Some of the ingredients present in this set are nettle extract, saw palmetto, tea tree, aloe vera, red Korean seaweed, cedarwood, rosemary, clary sage, hibiscus, argan nut, pygeum bark, pumpkin seed, green tea, lemongrass, lemon peel, grapefruit seed, vitamin E, zzinc, willow bark, biotin and niacin.
- Uses proven ingredients
- Pleasant scent
- Prevents hair thinning
- Excellent user reviews
- A few users reported some hair drying issues
- Moisturizing Aloe Vera Formula: Our formula includes organic Aloe Vera which replaces H2O
Brickell Men’s Revitalizing Hair Conditioner for Men
Looking for a cool-smelling deep conditioner for men that’ll suit your hair care needs? You’re in luck because Brickell Men’s Revitalizing Hair Conditioner for Men is exactly what you need! This men’s hair conditioner uses a thick aloe base to deliver potent, natural ingredients to your hair that leave it looking fuller, healthier and shinier. Borage oil has omega-6 fatty acids, which help stimulate hair growth and fight dandruff formation. Meanwhile, avocado oil strengthens and moisturizes each hair shaft, resulting in stronger, smoother hair strands.
It’s perfect for men of any age and hair type, but it’s even better for men with thinning or dull hair. Best part of it all is that it has natural and organic ingredients including Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin E, and Peppermint! No wonder it smells so good!
- Made of natural and organic ingredients
- Relieves scalp irritation and prevents dandruff
- Helps minimize hair loss
- Vegan, cruelty-free
- Comes with a great peppermint scent
- Some customers complained of dry, synthetic texture after usage
- Product’s texture is more like a thick gel than smooth or watery
- Requires more amount of product to thoroughly get into the hair
- What It Does: This natural & organic hair conditioner for men uses a thick aloe base to deliver potent, natural ingredients to your hair that leave it looking fuller, healthier and shinier. Borage Oil provides omega-6 fatty acids, which help stimulate hair growth and prevent dandruff. Avocado Oil strengthens and moisturizes each hair shaft, resulting in a head of strong, silky smooth hair.
MATRIX Total Results Mega Sleek Conditioner
As one of the top-rated deep conditioners for men on Amazon, MATRIX is surely a solution to many men’s hair problems. The Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek Conditioner is part of the Mega Sleek System, a series of hair care products by MATRIX that focuses on all types of frizz-prone hair issues.
This anti-frizz conditioner has shea butter that helps control unruly hair and manages frizz against humidity. As a result, it leaves hair tamed, smooth and shiny, with up to 5x smoother hair. This is the best choice for damaged, color-treated and even natural, virgin hair. With this product, a more vibrant, voluminous, and frizz-free hair is right within your fingertips!
- Tames hair and makes it frizz-free
- Gives a vibrant, natural shine
- Makes hair feel soft
- Product is not sulfate-free, so that may be an issue for some people
- Proteins, which reconstruct each individual strand of hair
Radia Shampoo & Conditioner Hair Purifying Kit
Sulfate-free shampoos are all the hype nowadays, but did you know that it gets even better? Thanks to Radio Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Purifying Kit, there’s now a deep conditioner for men that’s sulfate-free too! Many detoxifying formulas out there are harsh and drying. But, Radia conditioners are different! This formulation is suitable for all hair types and is even gentle enough for everyday use.
This Radia Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Purifying Kit comes from the long line of tried and tested hair products by DS Laboratories. Radia, like other DS Laboratories offerings, is cruelty-free, paraben free and oxy-biodegradable. Radia is perfect for those with sensitive scalp conditions, frizzy and lackluster hair. It’s good for build-up removal, detoxifying hair all while being environmentally-conscious!
- Gently removes buildup on hair
- Restructures and repairs damaged hair strands
- Safe for colored and damaged hair
- Leaves hair shiny without the waxy residue
- Price is a bit expensive
- REMOVES BUILDUP GENTLY. Most detoxifying formulas are harsh and drying. Radia, fortunately, is not one of them. This formulation is suitable for all hair types and gentle enough for everyday use.
ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
Buy on Amazon
ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Shampoo & Conditioner is formulated to work with different hair types. It doesn’t matter if you have straight, curly, brunette, or blonde hair, you can rely on this set to keep yourn scalp and hair feeling and looking great. It also works superbly with both men and women so you can think of it as the ultimate family conditioner.
Both the shampoo and the conditioner are formulated with natural ingredients. As the name suggests, Argan Oil is the star ingredient in the formula. The oil is considered as a natural moisturizer as it is very effective for hydrating the scalp and hair follicles and restoring brittle, dry and damaged hair.
The ArtNaturals conditioner also has additional ingredients that reverse the effects of UV lights, pollutants, excessive styling and other factors that are known to damage the hair.
A few of the ingredients present in this formula are aloe vera, argan oil, coconut oil, keratin, vitamins, and botanical extracts.
- Fights hair loss
- Protects hair against harmful factors like free radicals
- Free of parabens, sulfates and other harsh chemicals
- Washes excess oils and dirt
- Works with all hair types
- The scent is a bit polarizing
- It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Leave-In Conditioner
- This unique leave-in conditioner is known to fight hair breakage and split ends. It smoothens the hair, controls frizzing and enhances styling. Other than being a restorative styler, you can also use it as a detangler.
- It’s a 10 Leave-In conditioner is formulated with natural ingredients. It does not contain any parabens or sulfates. The ingredients support a voluminous and shiny hair that’ll look as amazing as it feels.
The formula of this shampoo is also known to be very safe for colored hair. It also protects hair against heat and other harmful factors.
Some of the ingredients present in this formula are silk amino acids, green tea leaf extract (camellia sinensis leaf extract), sunflower seed, panthenol, water, propylene glycol, linalool, and fragrance.
- Versatile product
- Protects hair
- Fights split ends and hair breakage and damage
- Works very well for curly hair
- The smell may not be pleasant for some people
- ARGAN OIL – Argan oil is known for its ability to help hair restore, enhance and grow. The natural moisturizer will help repair, dry, brittle and damaged hair from blow drying, flat ironing and sun exposure
Ultrax Labs Hair Solaye Caffeine Hair Growth Stimulating Solace Conditioner
Everyone is aware of the benefits and dangers of oral intake of caffeine but not a lot of people know just how great the stimulant is for the hair. Studies have shown that caffeine can stimulate the hair follicles and extend their life cycle thus allowing you to grow more and thicker hair. The best part? The studies have shown that transdermal usage of caffeine does not pose the same dangers as oral usage of the stimulant so don’t worry about irritability and other such side effects.Ultrax labs Hair Solaye Conditioner uses caffeine and other proven ingredients to fight split ends and hair breakage restore your hair and promote the growth of stronger and thicker hair. It achieves this without weighing down your hair. The conditioner also moisturizes the scalp and hair leaving you feeling fresh.
The ingredients present in this conditioner are caffeine, jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis seed oil), chamomile extract, and eucalyptus.
- Revitalizes the scalp
- Prevents frizz
- Strengthens hair
- Made in the US
- Highly Effective Caffeine Hair Stimulating Conditioner
Paisle Reline Biotin Hair Growth Conditioner
This is the best conditioner for individuals with hair thinning issues. The conditioner uses several proven ingredients to stop thinning and shedding of hair and restore optimal healthy hair growth. Some of the notable ingredients in the formula are Saw Palmetto which well known for its DHT-blocking abilities, Biotin which is a powerful B-vitamin that nourishes the hair follicles and scalp, and coconut oil that’s known for maintaining a moisturized and healthy scalp.
The Paisle Reline Biotin Hair Growth Conditioner works with different hair types including color treated hair, dry hair, curly hair, bleached hair, highlighted hair, oily hair, frizzy hair and brittle hair. It’s also perfect for both men and women.
Some of the ingredients present in this rich formula are aloe babadensis leaf juice, hydrolyzed keratin, coconut oil, safflower seed oil, hydrolyzed rice protein, avocado oil, castor seed oil, saw palmetto extract, glycerin, hydroxyethyl cellulose, shea butter, and fragrance.
- Prevents hair loss
- Stimulates healthy hair growth
- Thickens hair
- It dried the hair of a few users
- Biotin Hair Growth Conditioner For Hair Loss RE:COVERY Natural Thickening Volume Conditioner For Color Treated Hair And Fine Hair Volumizing Deep Treatment For Thinning Hair Sulfate Free Conditioner With Castor Oil For Women & Men
Best Deep Conditioner for Men Buying Guide
The following are the three key factors you need to consider when purchasing a conditioner:
Some conditioners produce incredible results for certain types of hair only. For instance, if you use a conditioner that is formulated for dry hair and you have oily curly hair, the results are very likely to be disappointing. Therefore, before placing your order, you need to know your hair type and look for the appropriate conditioner.
The good news is most conditioners provide the details on which hair type they are intended for. Also, some conditioners work with different hair types which is very helpful if you are still confused on which conditioner is right for you.
Type of Conditioners
Hair conditioners come in three main types:
- Leave-in conditioners – these conditioners are intended to be applied and left on your hair. They should not be rinsed off after application
- Rinse-out conditioner – these are applied and rinsed off almost right away. The manufacturers usually provide details on how many minutes the conditioner should be left on your hair before washing it off. They are the most common type of conditioner.
- Deep-conditioner – as the name suggests, these conditioners provide intensive treatment. They are supposed to be left on your hair for around 10-40 minutes before rinsing. Also, users wear caps after applying the conditioner. Due to how intense these are, you are advised to only use them thrice per week. Going beyond that is likely to cause more harm than good.
The exact type of conditioner you end up with will hugely depend on your needs. For instance, if you are dealing with a severe issue, a deep conditioner can be the better choice than a quick rinse-out conditioner.
Finally, you have to look at the ingredients used. This will give you a clear idea of how effective a conditioner is likely to be. For instance, a conditioner with proven ingredients like biotin, tea tree, saw palmetto, coconut oil, rosemary, and argan oil is very likely to produce the desired results than one without.
The list of ingredients can also inform you on the potential risk of using the conditioner. Naturally formulated conditioners like ArtNaturals conditioner and Pura D’Or conditioner are generally safer than chemical-based ones. However, if you are allergic to certain natural ingredients, make sure you screen the formula to avoid unnecessary adverse reactions.
That’s it for the best conditioners for men. All the products discussed above have powerful formulas use proven ingredients to fight hair thinning, moisturize the hair and scalp and stimulate the growth of healthy hair. Some of them also come with a shampoo included in the set so you’re getting all the items you need for cleaning and conditioning your hair.