Growing enough facial hair can be challenging for some men, it can affect their confidence and the way they perceive themselves. Abundant facial hair is a sign of masculinity and vigor. Those that are not able to easily grow a beard or mustache are often mistaken for being younger than they are or less masculine.
Of course, the image that you have of yourself is all that matters, but if there was a way to grow the facial hair you’ve been wanting, would you go for it?
Lack of facial hair is not all that uncommon. Some men have a completely clear face, others have bald patches that look funny when they try to grow their hair. Regardless of what your condition is, there are two products that are helping men have the facial profile they have been going after for a long time.
Read on to see if one or both products are right for you!
You may like to read:
- 10 Best Hair Growth Grease for Black Hair
- Best Beard Balm For Hold, Styling & Growth: Review & Guide
- Best Beard Shampoo and Conditioner for Healthy Beard Growth
What are the Best Facial Hair Growth Products?
There are several types of products you can use to grow facial hair like beard and mustache. You can take supplements and vitamins that contain hair nourishing ingredients and DHT Blockers that may be causing poor facial hair growth. There are also topical applications like serum, oil, balms, shampoos that contain natural oils that can also stimulate facial hair growth.
And there are clinically proven medicated products with synthetic compounds that can also promote hair growth on specific areas like the face. Just keep in mind that although these products may be more effective, they produce more side effects compared to natural supplements and topical products with natural oils and ingredients.
Best Facial Hair Growth Supplement
Folexin Hair Growth Supplement
Folexin is an all-natural supplement that improves the health of the hair follicles by giving your body the proper nutrients it needs to carry out a healthy hair growth cycle. It provides the energy the hair follicles need to give your facial hair a fighting chance at growing fully.
Folexin is made with vitamins, minerals, and exotic natural botanicals that have been shown to improve your overall health. Folexin improves the quality of your facial hair as well as supports the hair growth cycle.
By making this supplement part of your diet, you’ll see your facial hair start to fill in, plus you’ll notice it comes out much more fully than it did before. Folexin has amazing ingredients that show you how good it not only is for your hair but all the functions of your body. See for yourself below:
Potassium, vitamin A, manganese, vitamin C, iron, calcium, vitamin D3, folate, vitamin E, vitamin B1, magnesium, vitamin B6, zinc, vitamin B12, and vitamin B5. It also contains its proprietary blend of biotin, PABA, Horsetail extract, L-Tyrosine HCL, plant sterols, Fo-Ti, nettle root, bamboo extract, peony, saw palmetto, spirulina, barley grass, and alfalfa.
Biotin is a hair loss solution because it supports the protein, keratin, which is responsible for building strong hair, nails, and skin. Fo-Ti is a Chinese plant that has been used for centuries for anti-aging and regrowing hair. It gives you a boost of energy and helps you have more stamina in activities of daily life.
Read Our Full Review: Folexin Hair Growth Supplement Review
Folexin Hair Supplement
Best Facial Hair Growth Serum
Wild Willies Beard Growth Serum
This beard growth serum is loaded with natural ingredients to help promote beard growth. Among its active ingredients are castor seed oil, sunflower oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, caffeine, and biotin. These ingredients, among others, feature prominently in multiple hair growth products – with good reason.
Wild Willies Beard Boost Serum Ingredient Benefits
- Castor oil is a powerful, fatty lubricant that both protects the hair from breakage and helps heal dandruff.
- Sunflower oil has oleic acid, which further compounds Wild Willies Beard Boost Serum’s protective properties while soothing itchy and irritated scalps.
- Grapeseed oil contains linoleic acid, a potent essential fatty acid that promotes growth by increasing nutrient intake. This substance also serves as a natural conditioner and moisturizer.
- Jojoba oil is a very slick liquid that works as an excellent moisturizer that also strengthens your hair.
- Biotin fortifies the proteins in your hair, while caffeine is a natural DHT blocker, which will prevent your hair from weakening and falling out.
Customers note that while Wild Willies Beard Boost Serum does work, the smell leaves a lot to be desired. They also caution patience, as the product does work but takes a long time to show any results. It also does a great job at moisturizing, conditioning, and taming dry, frizzy beards.
Best Facial Hair Growth Vitamins
Uncut Beard Growth Vitamins
This beard growth supplement offers a suite of over 20 essential vitamins and minerals – including biotin, zinc, vitamin D and MSM – for a healthy product that helps thicken and grow your beard. The Beard Club Growth Vitamins also promote healthy testosterone production for optimal facial hair growth.
Uncut Beard Growth Vitamins Ingredients
- Biotin, also known as vitamin H, is a commonly used compound in hair growth products. It’s a basic protein that constitutes most of our hair, skin, and nails – and taking more of it will promote healthy hair growth while strengthening your body’s protein structure for thicker, healthier hair.
- Zinc keeps our sebum (natural oil) glands working properly, and a zinc deficiency can lead to hair loss.
- Vitamin D stimulates both old and new hair follicles. A lack of vitamin D in your system can lead to hair loss.
- Finally, MSM is a sulfur-rich chemical compound that has notable anti-inflammatory properties. MSM is still undergoing study as to its efficiency with regards to hair growth, but its soothing properties can help calm an itchy beard and stop dandruff in its tracks.
Customer reviews indicate roughly a 55% satisfaction rate. This product may work for some men, but won’t do anything for others. The key question to ask yourself here is if you are losing hair due to nutritional deficiencies. If the answer is yes, then Beard Club Growth Vitamins are an excellent addition to your diet.
Best Facial Hair Growth Care Kit
Yoobeaul Beard Growth Kit
The Yoobeaul Beard Growth and Care Kit provides everything you need to both grow, trim, and maintain a thick and luxurious beard. It comes in a black case that contain Yoobeaul beard balm, Yoobeaul beard oil, and a beard derma roller.
Yoobeaul Beard Growth Kit: Beard Balm
Yoobeaul beard balm uses argan oil and jojoba oil as its main active ingredients. Argan oil, which is derived from the fruit of the Moroccan argan tree, is loaded with essential fatty acids and powerful antioxidants. By applying its slick and slippery coating to your hair, argan oil both lubricates your hair shafts and moisturizes your hair. On the other hand, Jojoba oil is rich in vitamin C, B, E, copper, and zinc – all of which further improve the beard balm’s moisturizing properties.
Yoobeaul Beard Growth Kit: Beard Oil
The included beard oil contains grape seed oil and sweet almond oil, among other oils. Together, all these oils help cleanse and soothe even the wildest, most unruly beard while moisturizing the chin and reducing skin peeling.
In terms of convenience, the Yoobeaul Beard Growth and Care Kit offers good quality for a relatively low price tag. Customers have noted that the included Yoobeaul products feel both light and refreshing. However, it’s important to remember that there’s no such thing as a miracle beard growth product. While this product will give you a better beard, it’s not going to magically work overnight.
Best Facial Hair Growth Oil
Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil
Made primarily of biotin, black seed oil, and honey, Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil is a very quiet yet very effective beard growth product.
Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil Ingredients
- The protein biotin is also known as vitamin H. It’s used in many hair growth products for good reason – it strengthens and fortifies the body’s natural keratin structures in hair, promoting healthy, happy hair.
- Black seed oil is derived from the pressed seeds of the nigella sativa plant, and is a potent substance that contains antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. This makes black seed oil perfect for keeping hair moisturized while guarding against foreign contaminants that can lead to dandruff problems.
- Honey is a powerful moisturizer due to its ability to bond with water, binding it to your skin and hair follicles and keeping water where it’s supposed to be.
- Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil also contains other hair growing and supporting natural oils like sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, soybean oil, and radish seed oil.
While it may not look as impressive as other similar products, Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil has earned much love from its happy customers. Uncle Jimmy Beard Growth Oil is a simple yet efficient product for making longer, thicker, and softer beards.
Best Facial Hair Growth Shampoo
Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo
This unscented shampoo leverages the power of biotin, argan oil, and tea tree oil for a silky and glossy beard. While customers note that it doesn’t lather well, that’s rather deceptive, as this shampoo is potent enough that you only need a small amount of it.
Polished Gentleman Beard Growth Shampoo Ingredients:
- Biotin is in most hair growth products – it’s easily absorbed by the body and helps reinforce your hair’s protein structures, leading to stronger hair.
- Argan oil is an amber-colored substance that’s full of fatty acids and antioxidants. Apart from these, argan oil also has anti-inflammatory properties. These allow argan oil to serve as a moisturizer, conditioner, and healer for itchy, flaky, and irritated skin.
- Tea tree oil is especially good against dandruff. Its light chemical composition allows tea tree oil to seep through hair shafts, flushing out dirt, dead skin, and other waste materials. Tea tree oil’s deep penetration also makes it a strong moisturizer.
Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo has proven effective for many customers, who note the shampoo’s quick resolution of beard itch. For best results, Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo should be used with Polished Gentleman conditioner. On the other hand, the scent is not for everyone – customers have described it as a sort of leathery smell.
RU58841 has a nonsteroidal antiandrogenic medication as its main active ingredient. It is commonly used on the scalp to prevent hair loss and promote new hair growth. When applied to the face, it works on the hair follicles that are being damaged by the hormone DHT, a male hormone that when out of balance shrinks them causing dysfunction.
By using a topical solution on the area that is experiencing a lack of hair, you will be able to more efficiently grow facial hair without the negative side effects that harsh hair loss medications cause. You’ll start to see your facial hair grow evenly all throughout your beard, mustache, sideburns, and neck as it is supposed to on a man that has balanced male hormones.
With the use of RU58841, you’ll also see an improvement in the quality of the hair and will notice that it prevents hair from falling out or becoming gray.
How to Choose the Best Facial Hair Growth Product
Now that you’ve seen two of the most popular and effective hair growth products on the market, it is time you decide how you’ll accomplish the growth of your facial hair. It is very important that you feel good about the product or set of products you’ll try.
The internet is filled with information about facial hair growth and the products that have been researched both clinically and by users. It is certain that you will find encouraging information that will help you start your journey to abundant facial hair.
It is always a great idea to see a physician find out what is going on internally in your body that may be contributing to the lack of hair on your face. It is common for men to have difficulty growing facial hair because of a hormonal imbalance or nutritional deficiency.
With today’s modern science and convenient online markets, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t embark on growing your facial hair fully.
Frank is a barber from San Francisco. He has 10 years of experience providing the best straight-razor shaves, haircuts, and barber facial services for men. With all of his training, he is the go-to for any advice on beard and men’s hairstyles. When Frank’s not working, he spends his free time fishing or spending quality time with his wife and son.