Are you one of those people who have hair problems? Are dry hair, split ends, and frizzy hair issues that you can easily relate to? Does your shampoo provide a half-decent job and you’re ready to try something new?
If you want to know the answer to these questions, then you’ve come to the right place. This honest review will help you find the right Leonor Greyl shampoo for your hair. Forget about the days when leaving the house without a hat on was something you can only dream about.
Learn how to combat menopausal hair loss with this shampoo: Plantur 39 Phyto-Caffeine Shampoo.
Leonor Greyl: Brand Overview
This family business dates back to 1968 when a couple created a brand that nowadays many hairdressers swear by. Leonor and Jean-Marie both shared the same desire to create natural hair products long before the “bio” trend took the hair world by storm.
The use of plants and natural ingredients wasn’t common practice in the past. Luckily for us, the Leonor Greyl line was born thanks to this winning combination. Today, you can find the products in more than 450 hair salons, about a hundred department stores, and in perfumeries around the world.
Apart from the extensive hairline products, the brand offers beauty-enhancing oils, repairing masks, color-enhancing conditioners, and many other products specifically made for your hair type.
You can learn more about the brand’s shampoos in this ultimate review that will help you choose the product for your specific needs. For more information, you can visit the official Leonor Greyl website.
1. Shampooing Crème Moelle de Bambou
This nourishing shampoo is ideal for long, dry, thick, or frizzy hair. It comes in a 200ml bottle, made to regenerate the hair fiber. The product features a rich and creamy texture. Its natural active ingredients, such as wheat derivatives, carrot, silk proteins, and bamboo marrow, give instant repair, from the first application.
People with dry and long damaged hair will benefit from this moisturizing shampoo the most. The bamboo marrow straightens the hair from breakage, while the silk proteins give extra smoothness to the hair strands.
The Shampooing Crème takes pride in offering a formula free from silicon, coal tar, paraben, and sodium laureth sulfate.
For best results, apply it to wet hair and spread it using small amounts of water. Rinse thoroughly once a gentle lather builds.
- Tames the frizzy hair
- Made from natural ingredients
- Ideal for dry and long damaged hair
- Leaves the hair soft and clean
- Can be used daily, or every other day
- Pleasant smell
- A bit pricey
- Doesn’t lather much because of the natural ingredients
- Not suitable for all hair types
- Some customers complain of scalp irritation after use
2. Shampooing Revivscence
The next Leonor Greyl shampoo product works best for colored, dehydrated, damaged, and brittle hair. The 200ml bottle revives the most dehydrated and damaged hair. The finest natural ingredients, such as amaranth extracts and sea lavender moisturize, condition, and help to prevent static electricity.
The hair surface’s integrity benefits from the sugars and vitamins B;C that amaranth extracts have. The amino acids in the Sea Lavender hydrate and repair the hair’s lipid barrier.
The damaging effects of coloring, highlighting, and straightening the hair can be part of the past. This product instantly gives a healthy shine that you’ll fall in love with.
Apply Shampooing Revivscence to wet hair and add small amounts of water to emulsify it. When lather builds, wash it thoroughly.
- Provided hydration
- Wonderful scent
- Gives tender care for highlighted hair
- Natural shampoo
- Helps with frizziness
- Gives more volume
- Doesn’t lather as much as “commercial” shampoos
- Some customers complained of tangled hair after use
- Recommended only for colored and dehydrated hair
3. Bain Restructurant à la Banane
The shampoo is great for permed and curly hair. It restores bounce, softness, and shine, and at the same time, it gives volume to the hair. The key ingredients, plantain extract, and hibiscus extract help to soften, nourish, and boost the shine of your hair. Another great benefit is that it repairs the damaged cuticle layers and restores resilience to the curls.
For best use, let the product emulsify between your hands first. Then, apply it to wet hair and add small amounts of water. Once a gentle lather builds, rinse thoroughly.
Just like the other Leonor Greyl’s products, Bain Restructurant à la Banane is silicone-free, coal tar-free, paraben-free, and sodium laureth sulfate-free.
- Cleans the hair without overdrying it
- Pleasant banana smell
- Ideal for curly hair
- Gentle texture
- A small amount will let a gentle lather to build
- Tames frizz
- Not adequate for straight hair
- The shampoo may be expensive for some customers
4. Bain Traitant à la Propolis
The botanical active ingredients mixed with propolis, that the product has, act together to stop the development of dandruff. Some of the dandruff conditions include the creation of microbial flora and itching. Using the 200ml shampoo, you will ensure the right scalp hygiene, and eliminate annoying dandruff. You will notice the results from the first application.
For best practice, just like the rest of the Leonor Greyl hair products, apply it to wet hair. Emulsify it with small amounts of water. Once the lather builds, clean thoroughly. Before cleaning, let the product rest on your hair for 2 to 3 minutes. If your scalp is too dry, you can mix this Leonor Greyl shampoo with Crème aux Fleurs. Should your hair care treatment allows it, you can implement the shampoo in your daily routine.Bain Traitant à la Propolis' certified “bio” origin clearly states that the product is free from paraben, silicone, coal tar, and sodium laureth sulfate.
- Allows daily use
- Ideal for anti-dandruff treatment
- “Bio” product
- A gentle texture that doesn’t dry the scalp
- Great at removing dry flakes from the scalp
- Natural smell that doesn’t linger once you dry your hair
- Doesn’t lather as much as “commercial” shampoos
- A bit pricey compared to other shampoos
- Works best only for dandruff-related hair problems
5. Bain TS Shampooing
If you’re suffering from an oily scalp and dry ends, trying the Bain TS Shampooing will greatly solve your hair problems. This product is made from active ingredients such as Lime Tree oil, yeast, and sage.
The pesky sebum on your scalp will be just a bad memory once you start using the shampoo. The calming effects and the ant-sebum properties of the active ingredients will clean even the oiliest scalps. The vitamins and plant proteins will soothe out irritations and treat your damaged hair.
Apply a small amount of the Bain TS Shampoo on wet hair and emulsify using water. Rinse thoroughly once lather forms. To achieve the best results and nourish dry ends, implementing a conditioning treatment in your hair care routine is of great importance.
- Perfect for oily scalps and dry ends
- Gentle texture
- Leaves the hair feeling fresh and clean
- Gentle citrus scent
- Natural origin free from paraben, silicone, coal tar, and sodium laureth sulfate
- Doesn’t tame frizziness as much as other shampoos
- Some customers complained of having dandruff after using the shampoo
- Doesn’t lather as much as other shampoo products
6. Lait Lavant à la Banane
The milky texture of the Lait Lavant a la Banane shampoo will increase softness, volume to several hair types, such as fine, limp, and oily hair. The proteins and collagen nourish and provide moisture to your hair, while the banana milk gives manageability and shine.
The 200ml daily shampoo is a certified bioproduct free from silicone, coal tar, paraben, and sodium laureth sulfate.
Some of the key ingredients include:
- Plantain Extract which boosts hair manageability
- Linden Tree Extract gives extra scalp softness
- Wheat Proteins protects and strengthens the hair
It’s important to mention that Lait Lavant à la Banane is liquid and doesn’t lather as much as a classic shampoo. This Leonor Greyl shampoo is ideal for everyday use.
- Natural origin product
- Works best for several hair types
- Provides moisture, manageability, and shine
- Can be used in your daily hair care routine
- Doesn’t lather a lot due to the liquid formula
- Some customers complained that the scent goes away fast
- A bit pricey
- The formula is too watery
7. Douceur Végétale
This is another product derived from a natural origin. For best practice, first, apply Douceur Végétale to your hair, then apply a small amount of your product to the body. Emulsify with small amounts of water and then rinse thoroughly.
- Dual purpose
- Saves money because of hair and body use
- “Bio” product free from paraben, silicone, coal tar, and sodium laureth sulfate
- Doesn’t provide treatment for a specific hair type
Depending on the hair-related problems, this review will help you choose the specific Leonor Greyl shampoo for your needs.
Whether that’s brittle, dry, frizzy, or oily hair, choosing a product from this line can solve even the most challenging hair type worries.
Before you place an order, make sure you double-check which issues it tackles, the price, and ingredients. This way you will receive a product that will leave you satisfied and happy.