Beads are like the icing on a cake for little girl braid hairstyles with natural hair. Beads have always been a staple piece or accessory for young girls wearing braided hairstyles. Beads are always in style and are loved by most little girls. We can all agree that beads can take simple braids to look popping and more exciting!
They come in different forms, shapes, and colors and give any new hairstyle they are added to a more vibrant and exciting look. Let’s not forget how much little girls like flaunting their beaded hairstyles and the sound of the beads clapping together. Keep reading to find all the information you need about little girl braid hairstyles with beads.
Equipment/ Supplies Needed for Little Girl Braid Hairstyles With Beads
A beader is a hair tool used to add beads to braid hairstyles. A beader can also be called a bead feeder. It makes adding beads to different hairstyles a lot easier and makes the process faster than just your hands. Beaders are usually plastic, and they come in different sizes and colors.
2. Elastic rubber bands
These mini elastic rubber bands secure the beads well to the beautiful braids. They come in different colors, and it is advisable to purchase thick elastic rubber bands so they don’t easily cut. Get a hair tie organizer to keep all your spiral ties, scrunchies, large claw clips in one place.
3. Braiding gel and brush
Braiding gel is used to make more precise partings and ensure that the braids come out very neat, while the brush is used to apply braiding gel to the hair. It is important to ensure that the braiding gel used is alcohol-free and kid-friendly.
4. Conditioner or curl cream
These products can be used to define the little girl’s curls and keep the little girl’s hair moisturized and properly prepped for a protective style. Make sure to get the best hair products for black kids to keep their hair moisturized and tangle-free.
5. Parting comb
A parting comb is required to part the hair into the desired style.
After adding the beads, a pair of scissors will be needed to cut off any excess hair left.
How To Add Beads to Braided Hairstyles
How to add beads to a braid hairstyle with a beader
- Dip the ends of the braids into hot water to seal them. This can also be done after putting the beads in.
- Insert the number of beads you want per braid into the beader and let them sit at the bottom.
- Put the tip of the braid through the loophole of the beader and push the beads through.
- Use your fingers to secure the tip of the braid while removing the beader.
- Fold the end of the braid over the last bead and use an elastic rubber band to secure it.
How to add beads to a braid hairstyle with a Bobby pin
- Dip the ends of the braids into hot water to seal them.
- Insert a braid in between the Bobby pin.
- Place the number of beads you want through the ends of the Bobby pin (you can only do about three to four beads at a time because of the length of the Bobby pin.
- Fold the end of the braid upwards.
- Now, push the beads upwards towards the braids.
- Fold the end of the braid over the last bead and use an elastic rubber band to secure it.
How to add beads to a braid hairstyle without any equipment
- If you are using this method, It is best to dip the ends of the braids into hot water first to avoid the hair from slipping from your hands.
- Fold the end of the braid upwards and use two fingers to hold it at the point where it is folded.
- Use your second hand to put the folded braid through the holes of the beads and repeat until you have put the number of beads you want.
- Push the beads up and unfold the end of the braid.
- Secure the end of the braid over the last bead with an elastic rubber band.
Tips and Maintenance for Little Girl Braid Hairstyles With Beads
Most protective hairstyles are usually low maintenance, including braid hairstyles with beads that still need to be cared for while in.
The following are a few things to note and how to maintain cute hairstyles for black girls with beads:
- Avoid using too many beads because the hairstyle may become too heavy for a little girl.
- Oil the scalp regularly to avoid dryness and flakiness.
- Always pack the hair with an elastic hair packer or scrunchie, then wrap it into a silk or satin bonnet. Make sure to get bonnets with beautiful prints to encourage your little one to keep them on.
- When dipping the ends of the braids into hot water, pour the hot water into a cup first before dipping the braids. This would avoid spillage in case you have a steady-moving toddler or one that cannot sit still for long.
- When adding the beads to the braids, start from the back of the head and work your way up. Also, use the first braid you applied the bead to as a guide for the remaining braids. That way, all the beads would rhyme and be at the same level.
- When securing the beads with the elastic rubber bands, go over the bead with the rubber band multiple times to ensure maximum security.
- When taking out the braids with beads, pour some oil where the rubber band is, and it will automatically loosen up or cut by itself or better still, carefully use a hair cutter to cut off the rubber bands.
10 Little Girl Braid Hairstyles With Beads
Now that you know what you need and what you need to know about braided hairstyles with beads, it is only fitting to explore the beautiful hairstyle! There are 10 different types of braids to which you can add beads. These gorgeous braids with beads can be done in different ways and forms, and we have put together a list of little girl braid hairstyles with beads that they would love!
1. Bubble Braids With Beads
Bubble braids with beads are unique and very gorgeous. One thing to love about the bubble braids with beads hairstyle is that it is an easy hairstyle to achieve and can be done without going to a professional hairstylist.
To achieve bubble braids with beads, start by parting the long hair into small or large sections, then on each section, use small elastic rubber bands at different intervals. Use your hands to fluff out the part of her hair without rubber bands to create the bubble effect. You can braid the ends before adding the beads or add them just like that.
2. Large knotless braids with beads
If your little girl does not like to sit for a long time to get her curly hair done, this large knotless braids with beads hairstyle is a good choice. Large knotless braids with beads can be done by making large box parts and feeding in some pre-stretched braiding hair underneath the natural hair to create the Knotless effect.
Afterward, the beads are added to the end, and your little girl is ready to slay! Due to the large size of the beads, it is necessary to get large-sized beads with large holes so the braids can fit into the holes. The large knotless braids hairstyle is also great because they can be styled in other ways.
3. Lemonade braids with beads
These beautiful lemonade braids with beads can be achieved by braiding corners from one side of the head to another side. Add some interesting designs or curves and insert the beads, and that’s it! Lemonade braids with beads are a great hairstyle choice to cover a bald or growing spot on one side of the hair.
4. Pop smoke braids with beads
These pop smoke braids with beads are so simple, and it’s a cute hairstyle for little girls. It is made by parting the hair in half, from the hairline down to the back of the head, then making cornrow braids on both sides of the hair and at the back. Add some clear beads to finish it up, and your little girl is good to go!
5. Half Criss cross half braids with beads
Add spice to your baby girl’s hair with this half criss-cross half braids with beads hairstyle. To do this fun style, make a parting from ear to ear to create two sections of the child’s hair. On the lower section, make an individual box or knotless braids.
Then on the top section, part the hair into three or four sections. Divide each section into two and make bis parts on each side, then put a rubber band at the root of each box, connect the ends to another box, and secure with the rubber band.
Repeat this process until the crisscross designs are formed. When the design has been created, proceed to braid the hair from left to back, the individual braids at the back section of the kid’s hair. Do not forget to add your beads after!
6. Braided Updo with beads
If you are looking for a perfect hairstyle that keeps hair out of the little girl’s face, you should try a braided Updo with beads hairstyle. It is achieved by making simple cornrows from all sides of the hair to the middle to form a high ponytail. You can keep it simple or add some unique design to the kids’ braids.
7. Two ponytail braids with beads
These two ponytail braids with beads hairstyle give absolute real-life Minnie Mouse vibes! It is achieved by dividing the hair into two and making a braided ponytail on each side. You can be extra and part a zig-zag or spiral line in the middle. Proceed to add the colorful beads to the braids, and the hair is done!
8. Two-strand twists with beads
Two-strand twists are always a yes! They are made by placing one piece on another and twisting them together. Two strands twists with beads can be done in small, medium, or big sizes, depending on the desired look. They are also usually lightweight and easy to achieve.
9. Tribal braids with beads
Tribal braids with beads are so cute and perfect for little girls. It is made following a few easy steps. The first step is to part the hair into two, from ear to ear. Then make individual box braids or Knotless box braids at the lower section. On the top section, create cornrows with any tribal braid design of your choice and finish it by adding the beads.
10. Heart braids with beads
Love is absolutely in the hair with these gorgeous heart braids with beads. To achieve these heart braids with beads, pre-part the hair into medium or large-sized box parts. Then divide this section into two and braid each half of the heart on both sides.
Afterward, connect both ends of the half heart and make a braid until you get the desired length. Repeat this process all over the head and add different types of beads when it is done.
Hearts braids with beads may take longer to achieve than other braid hairstyles, so it is advisable to do it on little girls that are a bit older or can sit in a chair for a long time. Regardless of how long it takes, the outcome is always beautiful.
Taiwo is a website content writer and a hairstylist specializing in protective hairstyles. She owns a hairstyling business based in Lagos, where she creates content and markets through social media. Check out her Youtube channel, Stylistondutyng, where you can see her passion for braids in her videos.