There are a lot of things that can be done between showers like shaving using a water proof shaver or singing your heart out (we’re guilty of this!). But as highly hygienic individuals, we use our extra shower time to shave unwanted body hair to achieve that soft and smooth skin. With that, you’ll need a reliable electric water proof shaver to make things easier. In this article, we’ll talk about what is a waterproof shaver, its features, advantages, and disadvantages.
What Is a Water Proof Shaver
A water proof shaver can be manual or electric. The standard water proof shaver is a product that doesn’t need battery nor electricity to function, for example, a classic plastic razor. On the other hand, an electric shaver is a shaving tool that needs electricity or a battery to operate.
Most waterproof shavers that are trending in the market today are electric shavers that can withstand wet and dry conditions. There are numerous brands that understand that shaving takes place in the bathroom wherein it is more prone to a splash of water if not careful. To remedy this, they created waterproof shaving products adaptable to wet and dry environments.
A waterproof shaver targets the removal of body hair such as facial hair (beard, mustache, etc), chest/lower abdomen hair, pubic hair, and leg hair. Though you can opt for waxing, this hair removal tool can eliminate unwanted hair with little to no pain at all. Electric and waterproof shavers are tough to beat just like epilators for men.
Features of a Water Proof Shaver
The most advance and highly-acclaimed water proof shavers are performing well because they have the following features:
1. Cutter Heads – this feature trims off your hair from the skin with its thin cutter net and steel blade. Some top-notch waterproof shavers are equipped with multiple and rotating shaving or cutter heads, making them more efficient in removing body hair. while keeping your skin away from the blade.
2. Motor Speed Shave – because it is electrically or battery-operated, high-class waterproof shavers have amazing motor speed within their rotating cutter heads. This saves time and lessens the hassle in removing unwanted hair repeated because it shaves quickly and delivers quality.
3. Shaving sensors – it’s not just speed, electric shavers are great in hair detectability. Shavers who have this amazing feature have a shaving system embedded in their parts with the help of proximity sensors, allowing them to detect hair. Shavers with sensors help prevent nicks and cuts because they are low-friction.
4. LED interface – conventional electric shavers have this LED interface to show the status of the device, like how much battery percentage is left before it needs to be recharged. It can also be used to view if the device is turned on given that it shows battery percentage.
5. Cordless – not all water proof shaver have this feature, but most high-quality ones are cordless to improve mobility. This makes the user have a convenient shaving time without the need for wires. You can charge your electric waterproof shaver overnight with a USB Charger.
6. USB Charging – this applies only to cordless electric shavers wherein they rely on battery percentage charged using a USB charger. The majority of quality electric shaver brands equip a fast-charging system.
7. Easy Clean – this is one of the main features of a waterproof shaver because it gives you a fast and easy clean with the help of a few rinses of water. The blades inside the shaver need delicate care if trying to remove the hair stuck between them, but with a waterproof shaver, you just need to rinse it with water and the hair will 1 be removed from between the blades.
The Advantages of Water Proof Shavers
Now those are enticing features that could make you select a waterproof shaver right off the bat, but you have to know the perks before you make that important purchase.
1. Adaptability in Wet/Dry Conditions – A waterproof shaver can survive and thrive in both wet and dry conditions. The primary use of waterproof shavers is to create a complete blockage or barrier of water to the wires and other technical hardware.
2. Time-saving – the major features like the motor speed and waterproof-ready enables it to be utilized during the shower, saving time because you don’t have to schedule a particular shaving time. You can do it during shower or bath!
3, Increased mobility – because it is cordless when you use water proof shavers after shaving, you can move around at your own pace without being entangled in wires. You can also pack your electric shaver when you travel because some brands offer accessories like a travel shaving kit.
4. Fast shaving – with the rotary cutter heads, motor speed shave, and active shaving sensors, electric waterproof shavers provide a quick shave for the busybody. This benefit is great for people looking for immediate results in one shave use.
You might like: Should I Shave Before Or After A Shower?
The Disadvantages of Waterproof Shavers
We’ve found some notably overlooked issues regarding the use of waterproof shavers. These disadvantages can vary from person to person but here are the common ones:
1. High cost – when it comes to pricing, most electric and waterproof shavers cost a lot than the standard shaver. However, if you can afford to make the investment because of the world-class features and convenient benefits it offers, then why not make the purchase?
2. Possible skin irritation – some electric waterproof shaver when their blades have gone dull, can give you unprecedented skin irritation after shaving. This may be because of blade abrasions that cause the skin to turn red or become itchy. You can opt to get a shaving cream to lessen the discomfort.
3. Faster battery drainage – depending on the frequency of use, a few electric waterproof shavers have batteries that drain out fast even if you’ve recharged them to their maximum. It’s recommended you get the best brands that do not break down after multiple uses.
4. Not stubble-free – the use of electric waterproof shavers is not free from stubble. There are some instances where the blades cannot cut down 0.4mm to 5mm in length but there are stubble trimmers to counter this.
The Verdict: Is It Worth It?
A good shave goes a long way. Using an electric waterproof shaver is a good investment should you want to get rid of the body hair fast and conveniently. We give this a thumbs up! To get an idea of a good electric water proof shaver, check out the best electric shaver article.
Gen is a Master Stylist in Tampa, Florida who specializes in extremely thin hair and hair loss care. Working with hundreds of clients with hair loss/thinning concerns allowed her to recognize products and routines that can cause damage. She has discovered what hair products work and what doesn’t and shares all of this info to the readers of Union of Barber. When she’s not writing, you can find Gen hiking or at home with her army of cats!